Saturday, June 15, 1918. A cornerstone of a new building for St. Faith's School for Girls, named after founder Eleanor A. Shackelford, is laid this morning, The Saratogian reports.
"The day was an auspicious one for St. Faith's, with perfect weather conditions," a reporter writes, "The occasion must have been one of the keenest pleasure to Miss Shackelford, who has seen the child of her vision grow in stature until now it requires additional housing facilities.