The IRS is clear about when you have to pay taxes on your side gig: Once you make $400
Business Insider -

If you're a gig worker, the IRS is expecting you to pay federal income taxes as well as FICA and Medicare tax (called self-employment tax) on net income.

The IRS classifies gig work as "providing on-demand work, services, or goods" for additional income not related to W-2 employment.

This includes, but is not limited to, driving for a ride-share company, delivering food or groceries, selling goods on digital marketplaces, or renting out your home.

You can visit the IRS' new Gig Economy Tax...

Read this story at


Related Articles